The Cutting Edge: Emergency and Critical Care Skills Lab - Tampa, FL March, 2022
This two day 'hands on" course for Emergency Medicine, Hospitalist and Critical Care Clinicians will provide full day of procedural instruction / practice in the cadaver lab and a full day ultrasound and airway instruction / practice. Each participant will demonstrate proficiency in each of the following procedures:
- Endotracheal intubation
- Surgical airway management
- Needle thoracostomy
- Chest tube thoracostomy
- Central venous access
- Lumbar puncture
- Intra-osseous cannulation
- Wound care: I&D abscesses, suture repair
- Peripheral nerve blocks (facial, rib, wrist, ankle, femoral)
Ultrasound Techniques, including vascular access, peripheral nerve blocks, and FAST exams for physicians – taught by EMsono
Prerequisite - 8.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Participants must successfully complete 10 on-line EM Skills and Procedures modules as prerequisites for attending the lab. You will be awarded a total of 8.5 CME credits upon completion.
Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers
At the conclusion of this airway review program, participants will be able to:
- Assess the need for intubation.
- Review technique of intubation/First pass success.
- Optimize oxygenation during intubation.
- Review medication choices for RSI (Rapid Sequence Intubation).
- Review assistive devices for intubation.
- Demonstrate intubation with devices.
- Practice surgical airways.
Hotel Accommodations available at
The Hyatt Place - 325 N Florida Ave. | Tampa, FL 33602|813-424-3134
Room rate: $209/night
You can call 1-800-233-1234 for Hyatt Reservations and mention you are with the “Acute Care Solutions" or reference the group code G-ACUT to receive the special group rate.
Spacious Suite-Style Rooms with Pullout Sofa Bed, Hot Breakfast Included, Wi-Fi, Outdoor Heated Pool and Terrace
Hotel has a parking garage available, there is a $29 per night fee for self-parking or $33 per night fee for valet.
Room Block Closes on January 31, 2022
Joan Kolodzik, MD Director
- 14.00 ACEP
- 14.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 14.00 Certificate of Participation
- 14.00 Satisfactory Completion