The Cutting Edge: Emergency and Critical Care Skills Lab - Tampa, FL March, 2022
Additional Course Dates:
This two day 'hands on" course for Emergency Medicine, Hospitalist and Critical Care Clinicians will provide full day of procedural instruction / practice in the cadaver lab and a full day ultrasound and airway instruction / practice. Each participant will demonstrate proficiency in each of the following procedures:
- Endotracheal intubation
- Surgical airway management
- Needle thoracostomy
- Chest tube thoracostomy
- Central venous access
- Lumbar puncture
- Intra-osseous cannulation
- Wound care: I&D abscesses, suture repair
- Peripheral nerve blocks (facial, wrist, ankle, femoral)
Ultrasound Techniques, including vascular access, peripheral nerve blocks, and FAST exams for physicians.
Prerequisite - 8.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Participants must successfully complete 10 on-line EM Skills and Procedures modules as prerequisites for attending the lab. You will be awarded a total of 8.5 CME credits upon completion.
Refunds, less a $100 processing fee, are provided prior to February 1.
There will be no refunds or transfers after February 1.
Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers
At the conclusion of this airway review program, participants will be able to:
- Assess the need for intubation.
- Review technique of intubation/First pass success.
- Optimize oxygenation during intubation.
- Review medication choices for RSI (Rapid Sequence Intubation).
- Review assistive devices for intubation.
- Demonstrate intubation with devices.
- Practice surgical airways.
Hotel Accommodations available at
The Hyatt Place - 325 N Florida Ave. | Tampa, FL 33602|813-424-3134
Room rate: $209/night
You can call 1-800-233-1234 for Hyatt Reservations and mention you are with the “Acute Care Solutions" or reference the group code G-ACUT to receive the special group rate.
Spacious Suite-Style Rooms with Pullout Sofa Bed, Hot Breakfast Included, Wi-Fi, Outdoor Heated Pool and Terrace
Hotel has a parking garage available, there is a $29 per night fee for self-parking or $33 per night fee for valet.
Room Block Closes on January 31, 2022
Joan Kolodzik, MD Director
- 14.00 ACEP
- 14.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 14.00 AOA Category 2A
- 14.00 Certificate of Participation
- 14.00 Satisfactory Completion