Cadaver-Based Suturing Course
The Cadaver-Based Suturing Self‑Study Course
AT YOUR OWN PACE AND ON YOUR OWN TIME.
The management of cutaneous trauma is an everyday part of emergency medicine and urgent care. Let the Cadaver-Based Suturing Course take your practice to the next level.
- Taught by Dr. Joan Kolodzik, a frontline emergency physician with over 25 years of EM experience and a master’s degree in human anatomy
- Learn the key points and pearls when managing a variety of acute care lacerations
- Learn how to administer nerve blocks and the approach to draining abscesses in-depth
- Advance your skill set to provide your patients with the best possible outcome
- Practice the techniques at home with the Suture Practice Kit (included) to help reinforce confidence in your new skills
- Bonus demonstrations by Dr. Jim Augustine – learn his approach to wound management with a focus on specific body areas
This home-study course will provide procedural instruction on a cadaver.
*Included* Receive a Suture Practice Kit With Your Suturing Self‑Study Course Purchase!
To allow you the opportunity to master your suturing techniques, you’ll be provided with a complete suture practice kit. The kit includes 12 silk braided sutures, suture scissors, a needle driver, tissue forceps, a surgical skin stapler and remover, and a lifelike reusable suture pad that mimics real skin for unmatched practice.
This course is designed to benefit emergency medicine physicians, hospitalists, critical care physicians, PAs, and NPs.
Joan Kolodzik, MD Director
“The Center for Emergency Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.”
The Center for Emergency Medical Education designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 5.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 5.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 5.50 AOA Category 2A
- 5.50 Certificate of Participation