Cadaver-Based Emergency Procedures Course
Cadaver-Based Expert Instruction
at Your Own Pace and On Your Own Time.
Under the direction of Dr. Joan Kolodzik, a frontline emergency physician with a master’s degree in human anatomy, the Cadaver-Based Emergency Procedures Course was designed to be a high-yield, focused educational experience. Taught by a cadre of emergency medicine experts, you’ll gain confidence as they take you through the nuances of performing a series of essential emergency procedures.
- Created to help optimize the procedure-related techniques and skills of emergency care clinicians
- The video was shot in a professional cadaver lab with no other students present in order to solely focus on the instruction of the distant learner
- You’ll receive step-by-step instruction on unembalmed cadavers and simulators to create a lifelike experience
- Integrates didactic PowerPoint presentations focusing on indications and contraindications for the various procedures combined with instruction on performing the procedures
- Pearls and tricks of the trade will be presented to make performing the procedures as safe and efficient as possible
This home-study course will provide procedural instruction on a cadaver.
This course is designed to benefit emergency medicine physicians, hospitalists, critical care physicians, PAs, and NPs.
After completing this CME course, participants will be able to:
- Assess the need for intubation
- Review technique of intubation/First pass success
- Optimize oxygenation during intubation
- Review medication choices for RSI (Rapid Sequence Intubation)
- Review assistive devices for intubation
- Demonstrate intubation with devices
- Practice surgical airways
Joan Kolodzik, MD Director
- 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 6.50 AOA Category 2A
- 6.50 Certificate of Participation