Pitfalls of Advance Directives, DNR & POLST Orders
Learn how to protect patients and yourself with this 3-hour CME course covering the essential aspects of advance care planning.
AD’S are misinterpreted 80% of the time
When an AD or POLST is present, you might as well flip a coin as you will be wrong 50% of the time
44% of existing DNRs & POLSTs that you come across are actually discordant with what the patent has agreed too
You can now be sued for a million dollars plus for saving a life
1. Recognize the limitations of current advance care planning approaches.
2. Develop an understanding of how to have discussions with patients around advance care planning.
3. Develop an understanding of how to document discussions with patients around advance care planning.
4. Use emerging technologies (e.g. MIDEO) to assist in the delivery of advance care planning.
Ferdinando Mirarchi, DO
Monica Williams, MD
Thaddeus Pope JD, PhD
Jestin N Carlson, MD - Planner / Development
“The Center for Emergency Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.”
The Center for Emergency Medical Education designates this live for a maximum of 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 3.00 AOA Category 2A
- 3.00 Certificate of Participation