Patient Satisfaction Academy April 2017
The EMP Patient Satisfaction Academy (PSA) is held at the new EMP Education Center. Physicians spend three days participating in a personalized program designed to improve their bedside communication skill set. It includes a day of working with 'simulated patients' at the Wasson Center, at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED).
What you can expect:
- Deconstruct the myths of Press Ganey as a survey tool
- Understand how our current medical education and training is part of the problem
- Practice pearls for immediate implementation
- Communication techniques to improve all your relationships
- Personalized coaching of communication style with simulated patients in a very realistic setting.
- Experts in teaching medical interview effectiveness
- DVDs of your simulated patient encounters as well as your feedback sessions that immediately follow
- Examples of faculty performing the same patient encounters
- Author your own learning objectives to tailor the experience to your individual needs
- Leave with an action plan you can execute to achieve better results the very next day
- Friendship and encouragement from a team of physician coaches who have been where you are.
- Strategies to bring more energy and enjoyment to your clinical practice (and life beyond according to our past participants)
Physicans & Advanced Practice Providers
Identify his/her own individual barriers in effective communication with patients.
Demonstrate effective communication techniques and skills through simulated patient encounters.
Develop clinical practice strategies and implement a plan to change practice performance to achieve better patient results.
Measure a positive increase in patient satisfaction survey results.
- 18.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 18.00 Certificate of Participation