Diagnosis and Management of Tough Dysrhythmias 2018
Despite the advent of multiple new diagnostic tools, ECG’s remain a mainstay in the evaluation of patients with cardiopulmonary complaints. The management of dysrhythmias, in particular, is dependent on proper ECG diagnostic skills. In many cases, incorrect diagnosis can lead to deadly delays in treatment or treatment with medications that produce hemodynamic collapse. This course is designed to advance the skills of even experienced practitioners through the use of real ED cases, and emphasis will be placed on pearls and pitfalls in ECG diagnosis.
Physicians, PAs, NPs, RNs
1. Describe a simple series of steps to make the diagnosis of tachydysrhythmias.
2. Distinguish between the various types of bradydysrhythmias and AV blocks.
3. Describe the treatment protocols for stable and unstable dysrhythmias.
Amal Mattu, MD, FAAEM, FACEP
- 2.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 2.75 Certificate of Participation