Cardiac Ischemia — The Classic, Confusing, and Confounding Patterns 2019
The ability to interpret the electrocardiogram is a life-saving skill, but residency training in emergency medicine or the primary care specialties only teaches the basics. Through a series of multiple case-presentations, the speaker will teach the audience about cardiac ischemia recognition as well as common mimics and confounders of ischemia recognition. He will also teach some of the common pitfalls that can lead to disastrous outcomes. Whether you are a new residency graduate or a seasoned clinician, you are going to learn new and useful information that will truly make a difference in patient care and will save lives!
Physicians, PAs, NPs, RNs
1. Identify subtle ECG findings in the ACS patient that predict an increased risk of morbidity and mortality.
2. Distinguish between some common mimics of ACS vs findings of true ACS on the ECG.
3. Identify findings in bundle branch block that help in diagnosis of ACS.
Amal Mattu, MD, FAAEM, FACEP
- 2.75 ACEP
- 2.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 2.75 AOA Category 2A
- 2.75 Certificate of Participation