Cadaver-Based Emergency Procedures Course - reaccred CCME
Cadaver-Based Expert Instruction
at Your Own Pace and On Your Own Time.
Under the direction of Dr. Joan Kolodzik, a frontline emergency physician with a master’s degree in human anatomy, the Cadaver-Based Emergency Procedures Course was designed to be a high-yield, focused educational experience. Taught by a cadre of emergency medicine experts, you’ll gain confidence as they take you through the nuances of performing a series of essential emergency procedures.
- Created to help optimize the procedure-related techniques and skills of emergency care clinicians
- The video was shot in a professional cadaver lab with no other students present in order to solely focus on the instruction of the distant learner
- You’ll receive step-by-step instruction on unembalmed cadavers and simulators to create a lifelike experience
- Integrates didactic PowerPoint presentations focusing on indications and contraindications for the various procedures combined with instruction on performing the procedures
- Pearls and tricks of the trade will be presented to make performing the procedures as safe and efficient as possible
This home-study course will provide procedural instruction on a cadaver.
This course is designed to benefit emergency medicine physicians, hospitalists, critical care physicians, PAs, and NPs.
After completing this CME course, participants will be able to:
Assess the need for intubation
Review technique of intubation/First pass success
Optimize oxygenation during intubation
Review medication choices for RSI (Rapid Sequence Intubation)
Review assistive devices for intubation
Demonstrate intubation with devices
Practice surgical airways
“The Center for Emergency Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.”
The Center for Emergency Medical Education designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 6.50 AOA Category 2A
- 6.50 Certificate of Participation