Air Medical Physician Symposium (AMPA 2019)
The Air Medical Physician Symposium (AMPA) is designed to address topics pertinent to the prehospital and emergency care of the critically ill and injured patient. Physicians, nurses, paramedics, respiratory therapists and allied healthcare professionals will be provided information that offers them a deeper understanding of the essentials of care required for the complex patient requiring critical care air and ground transport. Lectures will be presented that will help participants develop leadership skills.
Physicians, PA, NP, RN, Paramedics
- Use state-of-the-art information to enhance and influence their clinical practice in the critical care air and ground transport environment, increase their skills, and influence their awareness of the unique environment in which they deliver medical care.
- Describe non-invasive ventilation, REBOA, what the literature says about prehospital blood transfusion, and ketamine induced RSI.
- Apply discussion and case presentation to controversial therapies for the treatment of status asthmaticus, effective prehospital hemorrhage control, toxicology interventions, and administering drugs with no IV.
- Discuss task saturation and situational awareness, evolving concepts in optimizing resuscitation performance, challenges and resources for new CCT members, blood products in HEMS, and is a pressor a pressor?
- Summarize a review of critical care literature, prehospital antibiotics for sepsis, specialty gases in specialty transport, therapeutic misadventures in the mechanically ventilated, and emergent analgesia.
- Assess the benefits of hypertonic saline versus mannitol in the transport environment, oxygen as a lethal agent, considerations in compartment syndrome, and is an elevated lactate the next vital sign?
- Describe the extraglottic device, ultrasound in critical care transport, using simulation to troubleshoot, and the reality of reimplantation – care and disposition of traumatic digit amputations.
- And, get your “CCTM in 5”!
Michael Abernethy MD FAAEM
Anthony Baca, MBA, MSN(c), RN, LP, CFRN, CCRN, FP-C
Craig Bates, MD, MS, FACEP
Justin L. Benoit, MD
Michael C. Berrier, FP-C, NRP, C-NPT, AAS
Brendan C. Berry, MD. FACEP
Ami Bess, BSN, RNC, CEN, CFRN
Lauri Bolton, MD
Theresa Bowden, CCRN, BSN
Asher Brand, MD
Brian Carriere RN MDE CEN CFRN
Wan-Tsu Wendy Chang, MD
Kevin T. Collopy, BA, FP-C, CCEMT-P, NR-P,
Jack B. Davidoff, MD, EMT-P
Kelly Edwards, MPA, EMT-P
Scott Endres, BBA, NREMT-P/I, CCEMT-P
Christopher J. Fullagar, MD, EMT-P, FACEP
Michael D. Gooch, MSN, ACNP-BC, FNP-BC, ENP-BC, CFRN, CTRN, CEN, EMT-P
Diane Gramer, RDMS, RVT, RT®
Cynthia M. Griffin DO, NREMT-P
Jeffrey W. Hinshaw, MS, PA-C, NREMTP
William Hinckley, MD, FACEP, CMTE
Michael Jasumback, MD
Jill Johnson, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, ENP-BC, CCRN, CEN, CFRN
Robert Jones, DO, RDMS, FACEP
Michael J. Lauria, BA, NREMT-P, CCEMTP, FP-C
Kara Livy, RN, MN, NP
Justin McLean, MD
Dr. Russell D. MacDonald, MD MPH FRCPC
Gerald Maloney DO, CPPS
P.S. Martin, MD FACEP
Kenneth M. Miller RN, MSN, CCRN
Chris Newtown, BBA, FP-C, CCEMT-P, NREMT-P
Anna Pickens, MD
Stacy Prater, EMT-P
Matthew A. Roginski, MD, MPH
Charles W. Sheppard MD
Michael Steuerwald, MD
Janet Taylor, BSN
Cathleen W. Vandenbraak, BSN, MBA/MHA, CEN, CCRN, CFRN
Andrew J. Veitch, RN, BSN, CFRN, CTRN, Dip. Crit. Care, CCRN, CMTE
John vonRosenberg, EMT-P
Allen C. Wolfe Jr., MSN, RN, CNS, CCRN, CFRN, CMTE
- 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 7.75 AOA Category 2A
- 7.75 Certificate of Participation