Emergency & Critical Care Skills Lab- Tampa, FL October 2020
This two day 'hands on" course for Emergency Medicine, Hospitalist and Critical Care Physicians will provide full day of procedural instruction / practice in the cadaver lab and a full day ultrasound instruction / practice. Each participant will demonstrate proficiency in each of the following procedures:
Cadaver Lab - 7.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Endotracheal intubation
- Surgical airway management
- Needle thoracostomy
- Chest tube thoracostomy
- Central venous access
- Lumbar puncture
- Intra-osseous cannulation
- Wound care: I&D abscesses, suture repair
- Peripheral nerve blocks (facial, rib, wrist, ankle, femoral)
Ultrasound Lab - 7.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Ultrasound Techniques, including vascular access, peripheral nerve blocks, and FAST exams for physicians – taught by EMsono
Prerequisite - 8.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Participants must successfully complete 10 on-line EM Skills and Procedures modules as prerequisites for attending the lab. You will be awarded a total of 8.5 CME credits upon completion.
October 6th Optional Airway Lab - 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
A 6-hour review course utilizing an airway station with manikin intubation using adult and pediatric models, demonstration of airway adjuncts (including King Vision, LMA, Combitube, SALT and others as available) to enhance knowledge and improve existing skills in airway including but not limited to optimizing oxygenation, intubation and the use of rescue ventilation devices. The special needs of pediatrics and medication choices will be reviewed and discussed.
Optional 1/2 Day Airway Lab - October 6, 2020
2-Day Skills Lab - October 7-8, 2020
Emergency Medicine, Hospitalist, and Critical Care Physicians
At the conclusion of this airway review program, participants will be able to:
- Assess the need for intubation.
- Review technique of intubation/First pass success.
- Optimize oxygenation during intubation.
- Review medication choices for RSI (Rapid Sequence Intubation).
- Review assistive devices for intubation.
- Demonstrate intubation with devices.
- Practice surgical airways.
Joan Kolodzik, MD Director
- 18.00 ACEP
- 18.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 18.00 AOA Category 2A
- 18.00 Certificate of Participation