PEDIATRIC READINESS '19: Prepare Yourself Before They Arrive
More than 80% of children seek care in general emergency or urgent care centers and not in children’s hospitals. Despite being the first stop for pediatric emergencies, many frontline clinicians feel less confident in their management of pediatric emergencies compared to older patients. This course will improve your clinical and procedural competence in the highest risk pediatric scenarios through concise case-based lectures, cadaver labs, skills workshops and simulations led by experts in Pediatric Emergency Medicine who appreciate and are committed to the care being provided outside the children's hospital.
This two-day conference includes one day of hands-on learning of the most common and critical procedural skills and scenarios and a full day of case-based interactive presentations of the highest risk pediatric scenarios. All sessions are taught by highly experienced and engaging pediatric emergency medicine faculty from a level-1 trauma academic children’s emergency department.
The Lab Day includes 8 stations, each with multiple subsections:
• Cadaver lab with pediatric critical care procedures
• Children with complex medical conditions and their medical equipment
• Pediatric medical simulations
• Pediatric trauma simulations
• Neonatal/Infant/Pediatric airways skills workshop
• Pediatric point of care ultrasound
• Pediatric wound care and minor procedures, tips for pain and anxiety reduction
• Pediatric EZIO and emergency access
The Case-Based Presentations Day includes 8 topics focused on high risk scenarios and pediatric preparedness:
• Get Ready: Pediatric Readiness Tips and Tools
• Serious Bacterial Infections and Sepsis in Children
• Cardiac Kids
• Big Forces/Small Recipients: Pediatric Trauma
• No Pain, Big Gain: Reducing Procedural Pain and Anxiety
• Belly Achers: Navigating Through the Spectrum of Abdominal Complaints in Kids
• Little Wheezers: Asthma and Beyond
• Through the Eyes of Children: Pediatric Ophthalmologic Urgencies and Emergencies
General emergency medicine physicians, APPs, family practice physicians, pediatricians and urgent care providers who regularly see or want to be ready to see children and therefore desire to improve their comfort level and the care they provide sicker children. Participants should be particularly interested hands-on and experiential training not available in other pediatric emergency medicine conferences.
Cancellations must be made in writing to CEME at email@example.com. Refunds, less a $100 processing fee, are provided if cancellation occurs more than 45 days in advance of the course. Cancellations received between 10 and 45 days incur a $500 charge. No refunds available for cancellation within 10 days of the course date.
Co-sponsored by Ascension Dell Children's and the Center for Emergency Medical Education
After completing this CME course, participants should be able to:
1. Review the most common and highest risk pediatric emergency conditions encountered in emergency departments and urgent care settings.
2. Demonstrate expert training and hands-on experience for the most critical procedures using cadavers, models and high-fidelity simulation equipment.
3. Reinforce long term memory of best practices in providers that care for rare yet critical pediatric scenarios through the use multimedia, purposeful redundancy, case-based interactive presentations and other experiential learning methods.
Room block code is: CEME112019
Click the link below to make your hotel reservation
AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
1900 University Ave.
$195 room block expires 10/25/2019
Clinical Education Center
The Center for Emergency Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Center for Emergency Medical Education designates this live for a maximum of 14.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 14.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 14.25 AOA Category 2A
- 14.25 Certificate of Participation